Thursday, June 01, 2006

"I called you to be faithful , not successful."

We have a meeting with our leaders once in two months for an evaluation of abour our formation and also an opportunity for feedback and intercession. As I prepared for this meeting, I began to reflect on what fruit I’ve bore and the consolations in the past four months. I realized that there have been many moments of desolations, struggles with community life, having to deal with conflicts in relationships etc. but yet at every desolation, there’s grace to overcome and there’s always a new learning about myself, my weakness and a new challenge to grow in a new area.

Despite the desolations, I can see God’s grace and deep within there has been peace.I’ve also learnt was ‘to be’ and ‘to waste time’ with God. That this time of formation is a time to grow more in my identify in God and to re-learn that I’m not called to be successful but to be faithful.

These past months, we were introduced to the various aspects of the ICPE spirituality as well as the Charisms of ICPE. Through the teachings, discussions and reflections, I realized that I’ve been called not just to an institution, but to a new lifestyle. This is something that I’m still learning and embracing. What it means to live fully the charisms and spirituality of a lay missionary in the ICPE community. The challenge is that I forget and that I am not just in an institution, but this is a new lifestyle that God is calling me to and a new identity he is inviting me to embrace and own.

No comments:

Post a Comment